Jax's Art Gallery

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Watercoloring your own drawings

When I had my surgery a few weeks ago, my sister-in-law did something REALLY nice for me....she gave me a gift. So I wanted to make her a special Thank you card.....To look at her you'd NEVER guess that she was a TAZ "freak" she LOVES that tasmanian devil!! So I challenged myself to create her a taz card that she'd be able to display in her home even tho her decorating style is (I'm so bad at determining a style).....but her home looks like it should be in a magazine. So my challenge was since she LOVES taz so much how could I make her a card that would not take away from her home decor. I don't know if she'll display this or not but I sure did have fun creating this card!
I didn't want to spend the money on a stamp, plus I'm a girl that LOVES to draw. So the cheapskate in me drew taz LOL
First, I lightly drew taz with a pencil on some watercolor paper. The I colored taz in and blended the colors. Then I took a super thin black marker and defined all taz's features and outlined him....then I added some chalk for a glow around him...cut the scalloped paper out.....and sewed taz to the scallop. I chose background photos too and sewed those too. The end result is this :)


To create the envelope I used my enveloper (the coolest thing ever), then I lightly chalked the edges of the card... put her name on the front and then took my stickles and freehand doodled a flourish on the lower right corner of the envelope..... I sure do hope she likes it... I've decided I'll make her a taz Christmas card too :)

Look for more tips and techniques as I
create.
Don't forget to check out my FREE Giveaway, you could win a layout for FREE :)

1 comment:

Luv2Create said...

Hi Jackie,

Just love seeing your blog! Thanks for the invite. Still trying to figure it all out to start my own.